EUCAN-Connect will establish the first comprehensive European-Canadian meta-network for integrated analysis of vast amounts of cohort and biobank data. It will connect existing networks through a privacy-protecting data-sharing platform made stronger through a unique and flexible governance model, a wide geographical spread, and links to large international infrastructures to promote sustainability.
The following software and tools will be used:
- OBiBa/Opal and MOLGENIS for data management
- ‘R’ environment and DataSHIELD tool for the federated statistical analysis
- MOLGENIS software/catalogue (used in BBMRI-ERIC catalogue)
- OBiBa/Mica (used in Maelstrom) for the metadata catalogue
- Various statistical programs within the cohorts